Come join your friends and neighbors for an ice cream social Sunday, October 22 at 2 pm on the field next to Reed School. Kids of all ages are welcome to attend in costume, though it is not required. This is our main social event of the fall as we will not organize a Halloween parade this year.
We will have our next civic association meeting on Wednesday, November 15 at 7PM in the large conference room at the Westover Library. We will discuss the upcoming renovations and conversion of the Reed School to an elementary school, provide an update on affordable housing and other topics of interest to the community.
Residents & Community Members:
I hope everyone has survived our “big winter” storm without too much hassle. We will have our March Civic Association Meeting on March 22 at 7:30 PM in the Swanson Auditorium. Please note the change in location & slightly later start time.
During our meeting we will discuss a variety of topics of importance to our community:
- Approval of changes to our civic association by-laws
- Status of Neighborhood Conservation Plan and opportunities to help develop it
- Plans for candidate night(s) for School Board and County Board candidates
- Opportunities for community involvement to influence decisions affecting our area such as Reed School future, bike lanes on Washington Blvd., community facilities round tables, and school enrollment/transfer policies and others
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt – Tentatively April 8
- Westover Market and Beer Garden proposal for additional music times
We look forward to seeing you next week.
On Wednesday, March 1, from 5 to 8pm Arlington County will be hosting an information session and open comments for planned restriping/addition of bike lanes to Washington Blvd between Westover and East Falls Church Metro.
More information is available on the county’s website and attached flier.
Washington Boulevard Bike, Pedestrian, Roadway Enhancements
Washington Blvd. Bike Lane flyer final